Harvest Christian Missions is a nonprofit organization that seeks to aid the advancement of healthy, God-centred, Christ-exalting, Holy Spirit-saturated, and faithful Bible teaching churches established in the needier areas of South Africa and the African continent as a whole as the Lord sees fit to prosper our work.
We desire to serve as co-workers by partnering with obedient men who have responded to the call of God and are particularly ministering in needier contexts. By helping these ministers, our intention is not to create an unhealthy dependence from the local churches they serve in. However, we are also cautioned not to be cold or indifferent to gospel work, no matter the risk, at whatever cost. We would rather take the risk to support a godly man and suffer loss than be too cautious to do nothing while many remain without a shepherd.
Needier areas involve:
- Rural areas
- Small towns
- Inner city contexts
These areas have been categorised as needier based on the following
- Low ratio of known evangelical churches compared to the size of the population
- Lack of resources (literature, full-time ministry staff, meeting facilities) in the local churches to edify members and reach its own people and communities
- Unmet financial needs of the ministry labourers
- Absence of males to take on leadership positions
- Limited exemplary and godly families to initiate and oversee church ministries